Option Line is a nationwide contact center connecting callers to Heartbeat affiliates* 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Through our toll-free number and website, consultants refer each person in need to a pregnancy help organization in her area for answers to questions about abortion, pregnancy tests, STD's, adoption, parenting, medical referrals, housing, and many other issues. Calls and chats to Option Line connect with trained consultants who answer initial questions (offering counseling when needed) and always keep the goal of connecting individuals with the compassionate support and practical help of a local pregnancy center.
Option Line, located in Columbus, Ohio, is the only 24/7 national, multi-channel contact center specifically connecting those seeking help with a vast network of pregnancy help organizations. As a result of the free services and caring support offered by the pregnancy help network, more than 1,000,000 women are empowered each year to make positive life-affirming choices.
Since taking its first call in 2003, the Option Line contact center has experienced incredible growth. In 2009, it received its one millionth contact from emails, calls, chat and text messages - garnering more than 250,000 of those contacts that year alone. After starting and operating as a Joint Venture with Care Net, in February of 2012, the Option Line services were folded into Heartbeat International completely.
The Option Line website features:
- Clear and simple navigation linking individuals more quickly with the help and information they need.
- A chat feature, where web visitors are prompted to speak to a live Option Line consultant for help.
- Straight-forward messaging for key audiences: women thinking they might be pregnant, women seeking information about the morning-after pill, and women considering an abortion. All information is extensively referenced.
- Specific guidance for boyfriends, friends, and family members of a woman facing an unplanned pregnancy.
* Option Line is a service provided by Heartbeat International for affiliates and those in participating state programs. Care Net centers are able to be listed on Option Line through an agreement with Care Net national.