All of Heartbeat International’s affiliated pregnancy help providers, whether they are pregnancy help centers, maternity homes or adoption services, make a commitment to serve their community with honesty, integrity, and equality. They adopt “Our Commitment of Care and Competence.”
Our Commitment of Care and Competence
- Clients are served without regard to age, race, income, nationality, religious affiliation, disability, or other arbitrary circumstances.
- Clients are treated with kindness, compassion, and in a caring manner.
- Clients always receive honest and open answers.
- Client pregnancy tests are distributed and administered in accordance with all applicable laws.
- Client information is held in strict and absolute confidence. Releases and permissions are obtained appropriately. Client information is only disclosed as required by law and when necessary to protect the client or others against imminent harm.
- Clients receive accurate information about pregnancy, fetal development, lifestyle issues, and related concerns.
- We do not offer, recommend or refer for abortions, abortifacients or contraceptives. We are committed to offering accurate information about related risks and procedures.
- All of our advertising and communication are truthful and honest and accurately describe the services we offer.
- We provide a safe environment by screening all volunteers and staff interacting with clients.
- We are governed by a board of directors and operate in accordance with our articles of incorporation, by-laws, and stated purpose and mission.
- We comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements regarding employment, fundraising, financial management, taxation, and public disclosure, including the filing of all applicable government reports in a timely manner.
- Medical services are provided in accordance with all applicable laws, and in accordance with pertinent medical standards, under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
- All of our staff, board members, and volunteers receive appropriate training to uphold these standards.
*Final language as approved by the Leadership Alliance of Pregnancy Care Organizations – 07/09/19
- Heartbeat affiliates propose and offer, through education and creative services, positive choices for the woman challenged by pregnancy.
- Heartbeat affiliates shall not discriminate in their services on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, or marital status.
- Heartbeat affiliates’ services are personal, confidential, and non-judgmental.
- Heartbeat affiliates shall not advise, provide, or refer for abortion or abortifacients.
- Heartbeat affiliates encourage chastity as a positive lifestyle choice.
Heartbeat Program Policies
- Heartbeat International does not promote abortion or abortifacients.
- Heartbeat International does not promote birth control (devices or medications) for family planning, population control, or health issues, including disease prevention.
- Heartbeat International does promote God's Plan for our sexuality: marriage between one man and one woman, sexual intimacy, children, unconditional/unselfish love, and relationship with God must go together.
- Heartbeat International does promote sexual integrity/sexual purity before marriage and sexual integrity faithfulness within marriage.
- All Heartbeat International policies and materials are consistent with Biblical principles and with orthodox Christian (Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox) ethical principles and teaching on the dignity of the human person and sanctity of human life.
Not all pregnancy centers offer medical services. If you have questions about the services offered at this pregnancy center, please ask to speak to a center representative.