Finding and Fostering Major Gifts is a six-week crash course on how to raise major gifts from supporters in your database. In this course, we will learn how to set up a successful development shop, find supporters who are major givers and learn to grow those relationships to ask for major gifts. This class will have a weekly live session, as well as reading and homework assignments with the oversight of your instructor, Haley Limo. Each week you will come together in the live class to discuss your reading assignments, go over your homework assignments and learn important skills to grow your development shop. Through this class you will:
- Learn to set up a successful development shop
- Understand the basics of putting together an annual fundraising plan
- Find out who your major donors are
- Learn to grow relationships with your top prospects
- Be able to ask for a major gift (face to face!)
- Learn to write a successful proposal
- Work on putting together an effective thanking strategy
- Participate in live weekly Zoom sessions every Friday from 3:30-4:30 EST.
- Have reliable access to a computer with an internet connection.
- Be able to devote 3-4 hours per week to the training.
- Be self-motivated and comfortable completing additional reading assignments, and activities on your own.
- Be able to obtain copies of How to Win Friends and Influence People and Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (library copy is fine).
Your instructor for this live class is Heartbeat Faculty member Haley Limo. Haley is the Founder and President of Least of These Philanthropy (LOT), a boutique fundraising consulting firm. With a background in major gifts development, Haley's desire is to help teach the art of relational fundraising to Christian nonprofits. As the former CEO of a medical pregnancy center, pregnancy help organizations hold a special place in her heart.